Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Rolls Step By Step

Step 1: Chop & bag. Chop & bag. Chop & bag.
In this photo you can see my usual ingredients which are (left to right) chopped peanuts, mixed herbs & garlic, purple cabbage, pineapple, carrots marinated in lemon juice, mango, and spicy bean threads/ rice noodles. I top everything with peanut sauce and sesame seeds before rolling. If you are cooking for a crowd it's fun to put all the ingredients on the table and let everyone roll their own!
Step 2: Soak your rice paper until it's soft, then spread it on your work surface.
Step 3: Begin to pile the ingredients. I like to layer the meat (jerk shrimp, seared tuna, hoisin chicken) in the middle of the veggies.
Step 4: Top with a shake of sesame seeds, peanuts, or peanut sauce.
Roll!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Delicious!
    After all the pierogi I've eaten in the last ten days, my heavens that looks gooooOood...

    ReplyDelete